Oracle SOA Suite is a part of Oracle Fussion Middleware software. It is very powerfull and transparent framework for:
- develop web services
- defining business processes (BPEL)
- integration – there is a lot of adapters for common sources (AQ, MQ, JMS, REST, SOAP, FTP, FILE, DB, ADF-BC and much more)
- see more…
WebService and BPEL Process Example
Below you can see how web service and process development looks in practice. It’s clear, isn’t it? In most of cases you don’t need to use any language(like java) – just drag and drop, XMLs and XSLT transforms.
Oracle SOA Suite requires Oracle Database and preconfigured WebLogic Server with SOA Domain and Enterprice Manager.
The fastest way to prepare development environment is to download Oracle Pre-Bild Developer VMs. There is a lot of preconfigured VMs on Oracle website, but for this tutorial the best one is SOA Suite 220.127.116.11.1 VM.
- Oracle Linux 6u7 (64-bit)
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 18.104.22.168
- Oracle SOA Suite 22.214.171.124.1 (includes Service Bus)
- Oracle API Manager 126.96.36.199.0
- Oracle Stream Explorer 188.8.131.52.1
- Oracle Managed File Transfer 184.108.40.206.1
- Oracle JDeveloper 220.127.116.11.1
- Oracle Sun JDK 1.7.0_79-b15 (64-bit)
Installing SOA Suite 18.104.22.168.1 VM
Download SOA Virtual Machine and unzip it. Download and install Oracle VirtualBox.
The next step is to import SOA VM intoVirtualBox (Menu->File->Import Appliance…).
After that you probably want to add some CPUs, increase RAM and add network card.
Ok. Now it’s time to run SOA Virtual Machine
Starting and Stopping SOA server
To start SOA Server, just open “Server Control Scripts”(1) and run “SOA Suite Server – Start”(2). After few minutes server is ready for work (3).
To stop SOA Server run “SOA Suite Server – Stop” script.
To see what tools are installed open NOTES.txt file.
Users and passwords are usually : weblogic/welcome1 -> see NOTES.txt file.
The main URLS:
- http://localhost:7001/em – Enterprise Manager
- http://localhost:7001/console – WebLogic Console
- http://localhost:7001/servicebus – Oracle ESB Console
- http://localhost:7001/bam/composer – BAM Composer
Oracle SOA Suite VM contains JDeveloper 12c (double click desktop icon to lauch it).
Now you are ready for first HelloWorld service in Oracle SOA Suite.